The basic standing pose. Simple, yet important enough to take the time to consider mindfully. Acts as both a starting point and a place of return. Allows the body, nervous system and awareness to integrate what it has experienced before proceeding on to the next thing.
Organizing the Pose
• Bring the feet together so that the inner edges of big toes touch and the ankle bones touch.
• Lift and spread the big toes in towards each other and the little toes away from each other.
• Plant the toes down without losing the spread.
• Bring the thighs back to stack the hips up directly above the ankles.
• Stack the shoulders directly above the hips.
• Stack the ears up directly above the shoulders.
• Reach the arms down the sides of the body.
• Look straight ahead.